Doctor of Political Science, Professor of Hennadii Udovenko Diplomatic Academy of Ukraine, Merited Figure of Science and Technology of Ukraine
Abstract. The article deals with the experience of foreign countries in the formation and promotion of national branding policy. According to the author, in order to strengthen Ukraine’s position in the world, it is necessary to begin with developing and enhancing the level of bilateral cooperation. Particular attention should be attached to such a mechanism of interaction as the dissemination of information and improvement of a state’s image. The author draws attention to the fact that a crucial component of creating the image of a state is territorial branding aimed at promoting and popularizing specific territories. Territorial branding contributes to the restoration of infrastructure, emergence of a skilled workforce, promotion of local entrepreneurship and public-private structures, identification and attraction of adjacent companies and industrial facilities, creation of local attractions, development of social infrastructure and cultural facilities. Certain opportunities lie in the promotion of branding of Ukrainian agricultural products. According to the author, public diplomacy, a network of embassies, a series of publications in well-known advertising agencies should help address these issues. This helps to attract foreign capital with the ensuing efficient promotion of a branding object.
The author argues that Ukraine needs a multi-directional policy aimed at comprehensive development of its national brands in order to facilitate successful exports, tourism, culture promotion, and to attract investment to ensure economic prosperity. The information provided by the author is intended to draw the attention of Ukrainian authorities to the improvement of the foreign policy and investment image of Ukraine.
Keywords: politics, national branding, territorial branding, cooperation, branding, experience, Ukraine.
1. Cambridge Business English Dictionary, Cambridge University Press [online]. Available at: https://www.cambridge.org/ck/cambridgeenglish/catalog/business-professional-and-vocational/cambridge-business-english-dictionary [in English]
2. Elizabeth Smithson is a content strategist from Boston. She is currently employed as a journalist at Branding Magazine. Enjoys jazz music and crunchy muffins, Branding Mag, [online]. Available at: https://www.brandingmag.com/author/elizabeth-smithson/ [in English] [in English]
3. Smithson, E. (2015). What Is Branding And Why Is It Important For Your Business?, Branding Mag, 14 October [online]. Available at: https://www.brandingmag.com/2015/10/14/what-is-branding-and-why-is-it-importantfor-your-business/ 696 [in English]
4. Philip Kotler. The Father of Modern Marketing, 15 January 2002 [online]. Available at: https://www.amazon.com/Marketing-Places-Attracting-Investment-Industry-ebook/dp/B003DYGNT2 [in English]
5. Anghel, F. (2019). Creativity for Brands and Lions – The Roundtable #37 Creative Marketing Strategy Global 3 min read, 18 June [online]. Available at: https://www.brandingmag.com/2019/06/18/creativity-for-brands-and-lions-the-roundtable-37/ [in English]
6. Simon Anholt. Policy advisor, Ted.com, 12 May 2015 [online]. Available at: https://ideas.ted.com/heres-how-torun-the-world/ 7 SEE [in English]
7. Posener, A. Battle of Ideas 2019. The Attack of the Vatican on Modern Society, Anholt-GfK [online]. Available at: https://www.battleofideas.org.uk/speaker/alan-posener/ [in English]
8. Country Brands 2017. Anholt-GfK Roper Nation Brands Study Reveals Winners, Losers and Trends, The Place Brand Observer, 22 November [online]. Available at: https://placebrandobserver.com/anholt-gfk-nation-brands-index-2017- highlights/ [in English]
9. Country Brands: 2017 Anholt-GfK Roper Nation Brands Study Reveals Winners, Losers and Trends [online]. Available at: https://placebrandobserver.com/anholt-gfk-nation-brands-index-2017-highlights/ [in English]
10. Terror brandyzmu w ‘social media’ [online]. Available at: http://staniszewskimarek.blogspot. com/2010/02/Autor: pj Źródło: Redakcja Forbes. [in English]
11. About – Charlotte Beers • I’d Rather Be In Charge, 4A’s [online]. Available at: http://charlottebeers.com/about.php.; Charlotte Beers Breaks a Gender Barrier [online] 4A’s. Available at: https://www.aaaa.org/timeline-event/charlotte-beers-breaks-gender-barrier/ [in English]
12. Lariuel, M. (2018). ‘Strategiya YeS v Tsentral’noi Azii ne dostigla svoikh tseley’, 16 May [online]. Available at: http://eurasia.expert/strategiya-es-v-tsentralnoy-azii-ne-dostigla-svoikh-tseley/ [in Russian]
13. Forbes (2018). ‘Inwestorzy zagraniczni mają swoje ulubione lokalizacje. Poznaliśmy je’, 28 June [online]. Available at: https://www.forbes.pl/gospodarka/inwestorzy-zagraniczni-maja-swoje-ulubione-lokalizacje-poznalismy-je/1xpmdls 28 cze 18 13:10 Artur Reszko / PAP Rejestracja firm jest powiązana z tym, gdzie zagraniczni inwestorzy stawiają swoje fabryki. #kongres regionów #inwestycje zagraniczne. Tablytsia: pereklad L. Chekalenko. [online]. Available at: https://www.facebook.com/policies 697 [in Polish]
14. The Marketing Journal (2018). ‘“The Case for Brand Activism’ – A Discussion with Philip Kotler and Christian Sarkar”’, 15 November [online]. Available at: http://www.marketingjournal.org/the-case-for-brand-activism-a-discussion-with-philip-kotlerand-christian-sarkar/ [in English]